Monday, December 21, 2020

Advent calendar 2020 - day 20 & 21 of Santa's workroom

I told you I'd think about another layout. However, that will be something to tackle next Advent. I'll see then whether or not I want to make a toy room next to the work room. Maybe I'll keep this whole space for multiple elves to work in, or have a fireplace and a comfy chair for Santa on one side. I could alway make another roombox the same side and have a toyshop with the workroom on the first floor ;)
Since I don't want to make that decision yet, I won't finish the inner or outer walls.
I will make some more decorations for the tree and the room, but not much; making the smaller miniatures, combined with the working pace is taking a toll on my upper body again :')


Though I did do another challenge from the Advent calendar this weekend.. The tutorial used tiny 8 x 10 mm spools which I didn't have, so I made a cylinder shape in that size from Fimo, and then I took some inspiration from this tutorial from Catharine Black. 


It was fun trying to figure it out and I love the result, but two was more then enough ;)




I'll decorate the tree further and I'd almost forget that I still have Santa to finish so there will probably just one more blog about the Advent calendar. Hopefully before the 25th ^^

Here is the complete list:

Day 1 - getting together the roombox
Day 2 - a standing-table
Day 3 - shelf unit above the desk
Day 4 - 3 drawers unit on wheels
Day 5 - a bench stool
Day 6 - Santa's little helper
Day 7 - Santa's little helper
Day 8 - Santa's little helper (hair & beard)
Day 9 - step stool
Day 10 - desk accessories
Day 11 - desk pad & paper bin
Day 12 - Christmas tree
Day 13 - tree skirt
Day 14 - small wall unit
Day 15 - large wall unit
Day 16 - Christmas tree candles
Day 17 - knitted Christmas bauble
Day 18 - little drums
Day 19 - Christmas cookies
Day 20 - little rocking horses
Day 21 - Star anise and cloves
Day 22 - Christmas baubles & garland
Day 23 - Little paper angels
Day 24 - Crochetted Christmas star

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, die trommeltjes, die zijn mooi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je :) Verschillende keren opnieuw begonnen om het zonder de klosjes te doen, maar wel blij met het resultaat .

      Delete