Thursday, December 12, 2019

A little Christmas scene, part 1

 At this year's last meeting with the miniature club we wanted to do something for Christmas. It was hard to come up with something, or to be precise, choose something from all the wonderful idea's and tutorials Pinterest provides ;)
Meanwhile I unpacked my box with Christmas miniatures and was reminded how many things I had made in previous years but never displayed. So I decided to make a little diorama to display some of those miniatures ^^


This gorgeous scene inspired me. I'm not sure but I think it was made by Tatjana Sjmeleva.


Four years ago, when I'd just started at making miniatures, I had a similair idea of making a Christmas scene but never made it beyond the walls ;)


So, I went with that one. Broke half of the walls of, gave it a layer of Gesso ...


... and painted everything with a mixture of white acrylic paint, wood glue, saw dust and bird sand.


I filled one of the windowopenings and found a sturdy linoleum tile as base for the flooring.


All of this in preparation before meeting and crafting with Jolinda and Monique.
That afternoon I worked on making the panelling. Later that evening I started with a fire place from cartboard but didn't like it the next morning ;)


So, I made another one, painted it with Gesso (primer) and started adding 'cobblestones' from egg carton.


I gave it a layer of white acrylic paint, another one with gray (because the egg cart board made it still look a bit yellowish) and two more with white.


The original window had to go, and I found a nice picture to put there instead.
After which I went on with making the curtains :)


With embroidery threads that matched the fabric I made a simple rug.


I want a bigger tree in that corner and maybe make a nice chair ...


... but I love how things are coming together so far :)

No comments:

Post a Comment