Monday, November 18, 2019

Crafting together (autumn) - November

It was my turn to get birthday swaps when we met two weeks ago :)
Jolinda and Monique surprised me with wonderful presents for my Hogsmeade cottage!


Monique had made me a Mandrake in a pot, and a Halloween themed cross stitch cushion. The flower basket with the red roses and the macramé wall hanging was made bij Jolinda. They'll get a good spot with Bianca and Penny in the cottage :)


As I mentioned last time, we wanted to make a crow or raven for the small autumn themed scene and maybe, if we'd have time, a scare crow :)
I'd found this tutorial on Youtube that looked very clever. A bit bigger than 1:12 scale but that shouldn't be a problem.
Just getting a proper basic shape for the bird's body, however, certainly was! :)
Monique succeeded a lot faster than Jolinda and I did, but at the end of the time together we all had at least the body finished. Legs, feet and tail were another story though ^^



I finished it a few days later. It wasn't the most easy thing to do, but I felt very accomplished when I managed it! The 3 feathers I used for the tail are form my own lovebird Taco. I cut them and painted them black :)


Time for the crow to go and sit on the fence.


I didn't make the scare crow after all, because I didn't want to add more things in the scene, but I know Monique and Jolinda did. Jolinda's can be seen here in her autumn scene; click!
The little toad is made by Kim from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.


 

Next time, in December, we'll be making some Christmas miniatures. And then next year it's time to continue with the Italian project ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment