Sunday, December 15, 2019

A little Christmas scene, part 2


Here's the next part of this years Christmas scene.

A sheet of Balsa 1,5 cm, carved with cocktail picks,
because I was lazy ;)

Painted it dark at first, hoping that would show the 'nails'
better after painting it white. 

It didn't (a)

I removed some bristles at the bottom and the wooden
stand and bend the wire to get a smaller tree.

I thought wrapping bark around the wire at the bottom of
the tree ould look more realistic. It was an annoyance
to glue them however because the bark would fall
to pieces as soon as I tried to bend it :')

Tutorial for the stand by AkameruKawaii.

I've painted the trunk to cover the excess of glue
and to fill all the gaps ^^

And of course I've painted the tree to
get rid of the 'snow'. It's still nearly
hits the invisible ceiling but it fits ;)

I used this idea by Elizabeth to make stocking.

I didn't have stickers, so I used a linoleum floor tile I had
and printed some templates.

I cut the top part and didn't glue that onto the fabric,
though I wrapped the fabric around it at first ...

... to keep the right shape.

Covering them with fabric was a meticulous job :)

Decorating them was fun though.

As was putting some decorations
in place.

Next will probably be
decorating the tree.






No comments:

Post a Comment