Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Crafting together (birthday swaps) - September

Yesterday our miniature crafting trio met again. Since Monique had had her birthday during the holidays and Jolinda's will be in a short while, we'd decided to do the birthday swaps for both of them this time.
I hadn't been crafting at all since I'd finished making the red bricks for the (Italian) pavement, so to have to do those swaps was nice :)

For Monique I'd made a little playtent, a reversible playmat and a flags banner. Found the idea in the Dutch magazine P&M nr. 162, though I did some tweaking.

     
  

For Jolinda I'd made two candle sticks, a tray and a French press coffe maker for either her brocante or her French doll house.
Tutorial for the coffe maker by Easy DIY Miniatures. 
Tutorial for the candlesticks by My Miniature Madness.
The tray was inspired a similar idea from the Dutch magazine P&M nr. 163. 




After exchanging the gifts and having tea and coffee we started crafting.
Monique tried to work out how to use her new 3D pen though when that didn't work, she made Fimo canes and then some very nice succulents.


Jolinda has been participating in Thea's Summer Project and worked on one of the last items - a watering can - she needed to do.


I've made a first batch of grey cobblestones for the Italian pavement. I'm not really sure about them. Maybe they'll turn out okay after some sanding and aging, but I might just start over.


That won't be anytime soon though. It's time to continue working on the cottage again. I know I said that before, but this time I've put the Italian project away (out of sight, out of mind? ^^) and the cottage on the diner table again! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment