Thursday, September 12, 2019

Floo Powder for wizarding transport

Whenever I'm not in the mind-set for extensive and/or time consuming miniature projects I'll just start making little props for the bigger scenes I'm working on. And if I'm lucky, it gives me just the inspiration to get going with that scene or room ;)

So, in order to get moving on with the living room of the cottage, I've made a (flower)pot filled with Floo Powder. The fireplace in the living room isn't big enough for travel but it'll do nicely for communication once Bianca has settled in :)

For those of you not familiar with Harry Potter; it probably looks like a small cactus :')


I've found this 1:1 scale tutorial which I thought would work with some adjustments for 1:12 scale as well.
In fact I haven't used any of the ingredients that are mentioned in the tutorial ^^
I've used bird sand, which I've sifted first. And because I didn't have - or wanted to buy - food colouring, I've used water, coloured with crepe paper (green and a bit of blue) instead.


According to the books Floo Powder is a silvery powder with a "glittering" appearance. This is what it looks like in the movies though ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment