Sunday, June 3, 2018

Crafting together - May

May 7th our little crafting club met again. It would be the last afternoon we'd worked on those roomboxes together, so I had been making leaves and flowers all weekend in advance :) About time, right? ;)

Glueing the tiny leaves on the branches
worked beter with the roombox on it's side :)

Made lots of flowers; cut them, painted them,
did some shading, etc etc

While with the crafting club I glued all the
flowers I'd made to the branches and the
result was better than I had expected it to be ;)

The next day I decided to make a little sloped
roof on top of the roombox ...

... and do bricks on the outside as well.

Then I got busy with my volunteerwork and went on holiday so nothing happend to the roombox for days. But this (last) friday I gathered the brick and all other suplies to finally finish the job :)
I finished both sidewalls and decided on a slate-shingled roof using textured cardboard. About to start painting egg cartons I remembered the tiles I'd made for the quill shop but didn't use. I'd always loved the colours, so I was glad I could use them now :)


I added some moss, made sure everything inside the box had been secured and put the front back in place.






And it's done, and I'm very pleased about that, and about the result of this project. First time I've really finished a scene/roombox and that feels good :)

We've already been talking about the projects we want to do next, and like the others I've already got an idea and I've started today with the base. But I'll tell you more about it next week :P




No comments:

Post a Comment