Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Crafting together - March

Last week we had our monthly miniature club again. I thought I should call it a (little) club from now on, because we welcomed a new and enthusiastic participant, Monique ;)
Because she has small children, we'd moved the meeting to her place, so there was a lot of talking, getting to know each other and looking at her miniatures and dolls house beside crafting of course.
After working with Fimo for the last few times, we'd decided to continue with our roombox/garden project and to work on a climbing plant, so Monique could join in.
Jolinda and Monique choose to make an ivy, while Wil and I wanted to do a clematis.
We all started by painting thin shoebox paper and once both sides were done and dry, we each choose a paper punch to work with. In between Jolinda and Monique started with covering wire with paper for the branches, while Wil and I wanted to use the dried strawberry roots I still had.
It was a very enjoyable afternoon and before we left we already picked a new date for April!


I figured I'd need so much more though, so I painted more paper the next day.


So then I spent hours paper punching leaves and flowers :') 


Before I could start with the branches and twigs I made a trellis from Balsa wood. Just a simple design I remembered from my parental house, because that seem to fit in this small box.


I painted a planter made from bamboo lilac to match the colour of the clematis, and then started with the flagstones. I've wanted to try making these for some time, and this seemed like the right scene to have some :) I used a tutorial from Once Upon a Doll Collection as a guidance to start.


Tearing cardboard egg cartons in different colours of gray and brown into random stone shaped pieces, getting the shapes to fit together took more time than I anticipated :)


Then I dry brushed the stones with different colors of white, brown, gray and black. Not a technique I'm very comfortable with so far, but I really like how I managed here ^^ Especially after I added some green with yellow flock between some stones.


After taking this last photo I've also added some matt varnish (very carefully because of the flock).
So now I've no more excuses left to not start shaping the clematis leaves and flowers :)



2 comments:

  1. Ik ben nu net klaar met de klimop, ga ook met de onderkant verder. Maar ik ga kiezelstenen leggen.
    Jouw kijkkastje ziet er heel leuk uit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete