Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Pretty in pink


"... now I've no more excuses left to not start shaping the clematis leaves and flowers," I said last week.
So what did I do? Anything but shaping leaves and flowers (a) Well, I did a few, but then I got distracted ... again.
I filled the planter with potting soil (mostly clay with a mixture of ground coffe from a coffee pad and tea from a tea bag glued onto it). While looking for some left over coffee and tea, I also found the box with the other bamboo items we made together, so I've added the bird house, the round planter with tulips and the broom to the scene.
The black bird, which Kim from Bibbidi Bobbibi Boo had made me, has found its definate place. Sitting on a broken flowerpot, a bit hidden between the garden bench and the lilac planter he's enjoying small bites of apple. The Kneazles are both made by Kim as well!

Did I originally think about putting an old man on the bench, perhaps smoking a pipe, suddenly I got the image of a little girl playing with a pet :)
I happened to have these two little christmas angels, so I gave the little redhead an make over :)


The top is reversible, so did I want to dress her in a top with 
roses and a pink skirt or the other way around?


I choose the little roses for both the top and the skirt, with some pink accents, but didn't attach the skirt to the top, so I'll be able to change her outfit if I make another skirt in the pink fabric.


I'm normally not into the (miniature)babyrooms and pink dresses but I have 
to admit, this little girl in her pretty dress has already stolen my heart ;) 
She's also the first of my dolls, for whom I sewed an outfit and I enjoyed making this 
dress more than I anticipated, so maybe Harry, Draco and Sophie will be next ^^




Well, time to continue with the leaves and flowers, right? Or should I .... ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment