Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Crafting together (June) and birthday swap


Yesterday we had our monthly crafting afternoon again. Extra special because we celebrated Connie's birthday, and also because Jenny (and her husband) from 't Tafereeltje dropped by.
Coffee, gifts and chatting ... oh my ;)

Jolinda had made this vase with gorgeous roses and some lovely baskets.

@ MiniaturenJolinda

Since Connie is working on a take away pizzaria atm and I've got a Pinterest board with lot of ideas for my own Italian project, it wasn't hard to decided what to make for her.
I went with a miniature wine rack inspired by this one (lots of similar images online):

I drew a design and made it from Balsa. 


Gave up on the rack for the glasses after the 3rd attempt and realised without it it's possible to either set the wine rack on a counter or hang it on the wall ;)


I've found some Italian wine labels online and resized and printed them for the wine bottles I already had.


Next I'd made a cork screw inspirered by this tutorial by Daniela mini though I used a spring from a pen.


It look so pretty I'm sure I'll be making another one for the wall of my trattoria ;)


Same goes for the metal signs I've made. Google provided me with lots of very nice images when I looked for 'vintage poster Italy'. Credits for the tutorial on making these signs to Fabulously Small.


Finally I tried to create a drip candle wine bottle. My first attempt with Fimo Liquid didn't work out :')
The (plastic, yes I know) bottle started to melt very soon. Since I'm used to put Fimo with paper of light bulbs in the oven, I didn't think it would work on the bottle as well ^^
So in the end I used acrylic paint.


After Jenny and her husband had left, we started crafting. Connie and Jolinda both worked on making furniture. I've started with a kit for a bay leave and did some crocheting in between. More about that in the next blog though ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment