Monday, January 18, 2021

A crochet rug for the bedroom

Last week I happen to see some 'mug rug coasters' on Pinterest last week. Some done with macrame, some were crocheted. I like the look of them and thought it might be nice idea for the cottage bedroom.

So I put together three balls of yarn and looked for a new crochet stitch that would be fun to learn. My choice: the Elizabeth Stitch (also called the mini bean stitch). For a tutorial click: here.
I liked learning this stitch, it's easy to do (though it would be easier with a single thread instead of three ^^) and I like the criss cross look of it. 


Although I really liked the colours and the end result, I thought it was just a bit too coarse (I think) for a 1:12 scale rug, so I started another one with Venne cotton 34/2. Was worried a bit that it would be too thin, compared to the first one, at the start.


But it turned out to be perfect for a rug :)


Adding fringes or not, is the question. I wanted to do them with the turquoise Venne, but now I'm not so sure anymore. I might just leave it like this :')






4 comments:

  1. Mooi geworden, Arlette! Ik zou geen rafels eraan doen, gewoon zo laten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je, Jolinda! Ja, ik denk dat dat idd het mooiste is.

      Delete
  2. It is fabulous! I would never think to crochet a floor rug but it is absolutely perfect for the cottage bedroom.
    I like the bit of turquoise with the other threads. It goes perfectly with the bedding. I think if you added a fringe using one of the terracotta threads, it would tone down the turquoise just a little bit if you worry about it being too bright.
    Anna X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! Yes, this stitch used with the three different threads is just the right combination for a rug :)
      I won't be adding fringe, I decided, but you're right about the toning down if I did add them ;)

      Delete