Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Advent calendar 2020 - day 7 & 8 of Santa's workroom

Things are a bit busy around here at the moment. Not too busy for crafting, but for taking photographs and writting blogs I need some extra time.

I find making good photos hard at best, and all the more when I can wait for the right moment (light etc). And since English obviously (:P) isn't my native language I have to think about what I write a bit more.

Anyway, I'm still doing the challenges in random order, so here's my take on (official) day 12; making a paper bin and a desk pad. The tutorial used straw braid which I didn't have. Instead I made the paper bin out of decorative Christmas paper and lace. For the desk pad I'd found some fancy ribbon and I combined that with the same lace.


I'm not sure I like the desk pad, but maybe it'll look different on a desk. It also feels like it isn't the right scale? I just don't like such desk pads, I guess. It seems impractical; how could you even write a note on that lace? 😉 
Maybe I'll try to make another one later if I've got enough time. I'm also thinking doing a frame with that reindeer ribbon on the wall would be nice.


When the Balsa wood arrived yesterday I immediatelygot my cutting mat, knife, wood glue from the cupboard ^^

The furniture for the work room in the Advent calendar has an industrial look. I was in doubt about at first, but decided to go with the flow :) I will make little changes in the design though.

I've already started on the shelf unit ^^



The little helper is not finished yet; at the moment he looks like Bill Bailey :')



No comments:

Post a Comment