Sunday, December 6, 2020

Advent calendar 2020 - day 5 & 6 of Santa's workroom

Well, it's actually day 6 :) It was getting too late yesterday, but I did multiple things, so there will be two new items today ^^

I've worked on the face of Santa's little helper which I was a bit terrified of doing since I've never done that before :) I painted the place for his hair and beard white just in case you'll get to see though the hairs (a)

I 'd flipped though the booklet to see what else I could do and I decided on making the tree skirt.
That's officially day 12 of the Advent calendar but *wispers* still no Balsa wood :')
Instead of felt I choose some cotton Christmas fabric. I didn't have the double sided tape, so I figured out another way to make the skirt.
First, I adapted the pattern because I didn't want a flat skirt, so therefore my wedges are a bit smaller then the original. Then I glued them on the fabric with a tiny bit of Tacky glue.


I left a small hem around the wedges ...


... and hand sewed the sides together. Used my nails to flattend the fabric and then glued the inner and outer hems onto the paper. The side edge on the eighth one got glued to number one after it's wrapped around the tree trunk.


I like how neat the end result looks. 
Making a Christmas tree is for day 11. I had this tree already. The bits of white ('snow') have been painted green and I replaced the wooden base by a cone shaped one from Fimo.


And here's the result ;) 





4 comments: