Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Advent calendar 2020 - day 1 of Santa's workroom

It's December 1st, so it's the start of Thea's Advents Calendar.
Last time I showed you the roombox I thought I could use for this project.
It turns out the roombox is almost three times the size of what Santa's workroom is supposed to be. I've thought of just doing a larger workroom and fill that up, but after some thinking I've decided to use one side of the space for the workroom and keep the rest for a toy shop. Which I won't be making this year obviously ;)
The workroom will still be the recommended size; 26 x 13 cm.

I made a plan for my roombox. There will be a wall/partition between the workroom and the shop, maybe a door with big windows on either side, maybe an open arc, because I don't want the work room to feel crammed.


The first day's challenge was to build the room (from styropor or something) which I didn't have to do (a) and the floor and wall paper. So I've done that. I made removable inserts just in case I'd change my mind on the wall paper, or having to make decisions about lighting later etc ^^


One wall I painted and tried to give it plaster-with-a-pattern look 😉


For the other I used a christmassy design pad. The floor is an insert as well. Maybe I'll change that and make a flooring with real wood but for now I'm okay with this.



Traditionally there will be a voting for the best/most beautiful roombox after the challenge and so you should stay anonymous untill then and not share photo's on FB or blogs.

But I'd rather share, because I’ll definitely get more enjoyment from that. I don't want not being able to post photos on FB or my blog for four weeks while everyone (not doing this challenge) is sharing their Christmas miniatures :)

1 comment:

  1. Ik heb deze gemist, maar ik ga je iedere dag volgen hoor, dat is ook een heel leuk idee trouwens.

    ReplyDelete