Monday, November 23, 2020

Crafting together (November) - Santa project

Since crafting together in October I have done quite a bit by myself and the same goes for Jolinda. Again it was just the two of us last week so we started showing what we'd done so far :)

I had ordered some fabric for the waistcoat at Minidoor, as well as viscose hair fiber for Santa's wig and chenille to add fur trim to his clothes.

I went with the red fabric since everything
else would be red and/or white too.

The 'onesie' was the most difficult pattern to redesign :') 
The stockings however were easier then I thought.

He won't be wearing his coat, trousers and hat,
they will just be hanging on the back of the chair.


While Jolinda was here we both worked on the coat for our 
own Santa. And later that afternoon I made the hat.


I got some white velour to use as 
faux fur trim and finished the hat :)


So, Santa is progressing nicely. He obviously needs a new chair and some 
other props, but I don't have to worry about not finishing him in time for 
Christmas ;) That's probably why it didn't take Jolinda long to make me 
eager about joining Thea's Advents Calendar this year (a) It has been awhile, 
and having another project to focus on in December seems like a good thing 
during this semi lockdown :') I've already dusted off this roombox I'd bought 
a few years ago in Rijswijk, so I'm ready to go! :)



3 comments:

  1. een mooie box voor de kalender Arlette....
    Ik wens je veel plezier met de verschillende workshops, maak er een echte Kerstkamer van.... dat is aan jou wel toevertrouwd!
    Je boekje gaat vandaag met de post mee!
    Groet, Thea
    https://thea65.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beetje late reactie, maar bedankt, Thea.
      Ik vind het een leuk thema en het is fijn om vanuit het boekje te werken (zeker toen ik nog niet met het hout aan de slag kon).

      Delete
  2. Ja, kerst is een leuk thema om aan te werken, ik heb zin in de maand december, samen bezig zijn met een nieuw project.

    ReplyDelete