Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A dolls' house for Penny

In the previous blog I promised to show you an update on the bedroom next, but I just finished a little something today that I want to show you first.

It was actually meant for the bedroom but it turned out a bit bigger than I thought it would for an 1:144 scale miniature.

Yes, that's right, 1:144 scale! A dolls' house for a dolls' house ;) I've always wanted to make one, just for the challenge, and because it would be great for the little girl living in the cottage. I just forgot she needs to share the only bedroom with her mum, so there might not be enough room with two beds and the other furniture (a)

There are a lot of amazing tutorials on Youtube for 1:144 scale dolls' houses. The one I followed is this one from The Square to Spare, so I'll just show you some of the (many :P) photo's I took.

Instead of popsicle sticks and coffee stirrers I used
Balsa wood.

And I cut out all the windows and
doors before I glued the walls together.

Once I'd finished the porch, the railings
  and the dormer I let Penny have a look.
She was very pleased ;) 

After I'd painted the front and interior with white
acrylic paint I made the clapboard sinding.

The floor were painted as well, with a
watered down brown acrylic.

I was so happily working on all the little details that I totally forgot to take photo's untill it was done :')

I've chosen a vanilla yellow colour.

Penny is admiring her dolls' house.

It's certainly bigger than I expected
from a 1:144 scale house :')



The teddybear was made by Monique, and the Weasley-
style rug was made for a swap by Nine.

2 comments: