Saturday, February 23, 2019

Mini-knitting

I totally had forgotten to talk about my New Years resolutions on crafting projects :)
After one failed attempt a couple of years ago, I'd decided that this would be the year to finish a knitted miniature o.O
Instead of the Venne Shetland wool I used the first time, I now choose Venne cotton (34/2), in the hope it would go better with my dry, rough skin, which it did.
Of course me being me, I started the first weekend of January with a very difficult pattern. So that didn't work out well (a)
A simpeler one, with just knits and purls, worked better and I thought it would make a nice cushion cover.


Because I had 'plans', I went ahead of myself and ordered some new Venne cotton in colours matching the (Harry Potter) Hogwarts Houses ;)
The plan was knitting something else for the birthday of my friend Kim the next month. Hardest part was not to tell her about my progress and pretend I kept failing and trying again and again ;)


But the next miniature knitting went even better - probably because of the lighter colour. I found a tutorial and taught myself how to maze, so it would look like a Hufflepuff scarf in progress. The wrapper reads 'Never-tangle wool', and was designed by me.


Because there was still plenty of time before I had to send the parcel, I wanted to try the ultimate (for now at least); a sock.
It's kind of a joke between us that Kim would ask (nag :P) for socks and I would tell her that would never happen ;)
I'd found a pattern in an old Dutch P&M dollshouse magazine for socks, using only two needles, so I tried. And succeeded! Yay, So proud of myself. And excited, but of course I couldn't share for another couple of weeks :')


It all arrived exactly on her birthday and I was so happy with her surprised and enthusiastic respons! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment