Friday, May 25, 2018

Miniatures in the Cotswolds - Lechlade

Last week I've made a trip to the Cotswolds with a friend. My only other visit to the UK was to London, so I'd been looking forwards to see this part of the country. The Cotswolds were so wonderful, and we were lucky to have very nice weather.
We visited lots of nice places and I got a lot of inspiration from all the cottages I saw :) I might show some of the photo's I took later on, but for now I want to tell you about the first - of three! ^^ - dollhouse or miniature shops I visited.

It's located in Lechlade-on-Thames (Gloucestershire) and it would be worth a visit even if it didn't have a miniature shop :)



There's even a little Christmas shop:


But my interest went to the one across the street: The Old Bell Pottery.



I had already checked their webside in advance and had seen gorgeous hand decorated miniature china. So I was a little bit surprised at first when I walked into a shop that was filled to the rafters with antiques.
The shop owner told my the miniature selection was upstairs, and after climbing a rather small staircase I was startled again when I saw the room which had display cases from top to floor on every wall, and hardly any space to turn around :)




I could have stayed there for hours and still haven't seen everything. It was a bit overwhelming to be honest ;) In the end I just grabbed a stool and sat before a sort of filing cabinet with lots of drawers, of which I've only opened half ^^
But, I found some very nice miniatures for my Hogsmeade cottage and I will definately visit the webshop again in the future :)





No comments:

Post a Comment