Friday, February 3, 2017

Another stool with braided seat

After I made a stool with a braided seat (shown here) I wanted to make another, better one. Not from Balsa, but a bit more sturdy wood.
This tutorial from Maria Malmstrom inspired me. I like the shape of the stool and the possibilities it gives me to make bigger ones or even make chairs. Also this tutorial gave me the opportunity to learn a different braiding technique.
To be honest, braiding the seat was peanuts compared to making the frame :') It took ages to get every little piece glued in 45°.


Though the new stool had the same height as the first one, it looked somehow smaller. I love how it turned out and I'll certainly make other ones since this little stool was a birthday present for a friend.


I also made her this cushion and a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. I hope she makes a better choice than professor Dumbledore ;)

“Ah! Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans! I was unfortunate enough in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one, and since then I’m afraid I’ve rather lost my liking for them — but I think I’ll be safe with a nice toffee, don’t you?”
He smiled and popped the golden-brown bean into his mouth.
“Alas! Ear wax!”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

 

 After the plant hangers I couldn't resist making a cushion ^^ In a next blog I'll show you how I make them (since I already made two others xD).








No comments:

Post a Comment