zaterdag 10 juni 2017

Plants, pots and hangers, oh my ;)

I've made two new macramé plant hangers the previous days, and I decided to make matching flower pots ánd fill those with plants.
Making plants or flowers isn't something I've done a lot. To be honest, it's something I like to do once in a while, but not more then one at a time. So, there probably won't ever be a flower shop in my future ;)

Anyway, let me show you the new plant hangers first. I just choose some nice colour from my box with embroidery threads first and made something up as I went ;)

I'd bought some flower pots at 't Tafereeltje, back in April, so I painted two of them with acrylic paint. Since I didn't take a separate photo from the flower pots, you can already see the leaves I made next :)

First I made an Aloe Vera (a succulent). It's based on this tutorial, but I used green Fimo.

I painted them after baking (left) and them I made them a bit darker with distress ink (left).

I chose the turquoise pot and hanger for the Aloe Vera and like how that combination looks. My Fimo plant making skills could use some improvement though (a)

For the other plant I'd found free printable leaves on line, from Nalladris. I used two for each leave, glueing them together with 2 cm of very thin wire between the paper. 
To shape them I used the same double-ended ball styluses you use for polymer clay. And I finished with a coat of clear nail polish :)

So, the result is two new listings for my Etsy shop, and two plants in pots for the cottage (or props in future photo's ^^).

woensdag 7 juni 2017

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it ... :D

Today I have some exciting news to share :)
I told you yesterday when I showed the mannequin that I needed it to show some shawls, but that was just part of it. Though it was fun laying with miniature and make nice photo's, it actually had a purpose.

I've been working towards setting up an Etsy shop for some time now (and have done a lot of procrastinating ^^) and yesterday I was finally ready;

Very nerve wracking, but it also made me a bit proud (a)
I decided to wait a day before I would share it, so imagine my surprise when I found two orders already when I woke up today. 

I hope you'll visit my shop and let me know what you think of it <3

Here's the link: 

dinsdag 6 juni 2017

Mannequin challenge

Because I wanted to show off the new shawls, and I still haven't a fully/nice clothed doll, I decided to make a mannequin.
A Youtube tutorial from AkameruKawaii helped me getting started.

Instead of using fabric I covered it with bits and pieces of the Daily Prophet ;)

I looked in my boxes with wooded pieces and put some together for the stand.

After the glue had dried, I stained it, using the walnut wood dye I got from Jolinda for the first time. I loved the result! There will certainly be some walnut stained furniture in the cottage, I think! :)

And here it is!
To make some nice photo's I put together all kind of things in an empty roombox. Even the cottage wall with the almost finished door (a)

Of course I needed to take some with the shawls as well ;)

And because I had so much fun playing, I took some more photo's of other items, like some cushions and planthangers.