Sunday, October 11, 2020

Crafting together - September (birthday swap and Santa)

I keep lagging behind in writing these updates, so I'll keep this short and simple ;)
In September it was Jolinda's turn to get birthday swaps. I knew she had been working on a cheese farm so I made her a cheese grater and some blocks of cheese :)


I also made this kind of ancient Greek/Roman flower pot, hoping it would fit in her Greek project or in either one of her houses :) It was fun to do and I was really happy with the result. Liked making the Caledium plant as well.



And here are all Jolinda's presents. A Christmas tree and some wrapped presents from Connie, and Monique made a  plant and flower pot as well and a pretty storage box.


Links to the tutorials I used:

The previous crafting afternoon we'd talked about doing a little project together. Last year we did an autum scene, so we were thinking about something for Christmas this time.
Monique suggested we could dress up a Santa. We all liked that idea and Monique offered to make the dolls.

Meanwhile Jolinda looked through her stack of dolls house magazines and found patterns for six different Santa's. You can also find them online.


Jolinda had done the first one (in white) in the past and chose the Scottisch this time. Monique went for the Russian version and Connie chose the classic one (second one in the top row).
I decided to go for this nice seated Santa (DHN annual number 62 from 2010);


So, Monique had made the dolls. The hands and boots not yet glued, which is a good thing since my Santa has stockinged feet ;) 
Other than clothes he'll need some padding, a face paint, and a wig. (I've only given his face a thin layer of Gesso so far).


The four of us had an enjoyable afternoon working on our Santa's. I started on the ... uh, well 'onesie', I guess? Can't find a (good) translation for 'hansop' ^^


Unfortunately the pattern didn't match my Santa's size so I've been making new patterns these last couple of weeks. 
I'll show you after our next crafting afternoon though :)







No comments:

Post a Comment