Sunday, August 23, 2020

Crafting together - June & July

In June Jolinda, Monique and I finally met again, for the first time since the Corona crisis started.
It was a bit weird, but we kept the 1,5 mt distance rule as much as possible, and it was great seeing each other again.

Monique has been into something new; paint pouring. She's done some 1:1 paintings, vases and lampshades. And was willing to learn us to make a 1:12 painting using that technique.
I choose some blue and orange colours, hoping it would make a match with the colours for the cottage bedroom.


 

I like how mine turned out :)

Monique made two different sizes.

Jolinda kept it neutral with black, white and gold.

When the painting were finished we still had time for something else. Jolinda had brought 3 kits for cold porcelain plants. It was the first time I worked with cold porcelain and I struggled quiet a bit :')
By the time Jolinda and Monique left I still hadn't managed to make a succulent. So I decided to use the clay clutter with Fimo clay instead and ended with some semi decent succulents :)


The DHN magazine that month showed some of the workshop that were made during the summer.
I was proud to see two of mine in it ;)


The next time we met, I wasn't nearly as productive for some reason. I added (very few) leaves to the olive tree (for the Italian project) and painted the side table I made years ago, and always ended up in pictures ^^ Maybe I'll put it in the cottage bathroom, maybe not, so for now it's just a little scene with other purple and lila things.




1 comment: