Sunday, February 17, 2019

Fair in Rijswijk and meeting new people




Last year I hadn't been able to go to a miniature fair, so I was very glad and excited to go to Rijswijk again yesterday :)
As usual I could get a ride with Jolinda, so time went by very fast while we chatted about mainly miniature things :)
We were very early this time and arrived at nine past nine and while Jolinda went through the back entrance to join the Minidoor team, I got in through the front where I enjoyed my iced coffee and  waited till the fair opened at ten o'clock :)


As soon as I got inside there was a stand from Heidi Ott, which hadn't been there the previous times I went to Rijswijk. And even better, they had dolls and I have been looking for a Heidi Ott doll for the cottage for a few years now. And then I saw this doll and I knew this would be Bianca, the witch living in my Hogmeade cottage with her ten year old daughter!
Later I also bought the 'mirror paper' here.

  

They also had a lot of great wall lamps and chandeliers and since I knew Jolinda wanted to look for those this weekend, I went to Minidoor first to tell about it.
When I showed to doll, Thea gave me some advice about how to make a wig. I've bought some vicose for wigging as well as some fabrics, including a brown one which I hope will make a nice couch for the living room. Also found this beautiful lilac Venne cotton :)


From there I went to Gweaneth's Dream to have a chat with Lousise and admire her gorgeous crochetting. I aslo wanted to take a sneak peak at her latest spooky roombox with special affects.
In the next P&M magazine she will explain how to make this trickery and I'm looking forward to that. It might be very nice the use it in a Harry Potter scene ;)

I saw some gorgeous knitting at Wol wereldje!



 Some lovely displays from Gerrie La Lau, made of porcelain clay.



At De Poppenkraal I saw this bird cage. You can open and close it and I want to try to fit the tiny owl inside. Not sure if it will end up in the cottage or somewhere else, but I just couldn't resist it (a)



I was shown this great display which has another bird cage and more owl, but the first thing I said was: "Owww, Dobby!"<3 Ghe ghe


On Jeannette & Riana's website I had seen this pottery (wall) plate (?) and I was happy they'd bought it to Rijwijk. Will feature in the cottage.



On top of my list were punches with leaves, but this was the only one I've found :) From Vlinder Koud Porselein.



When I was a teenager making cushions and rugs with something called latch hooking (Smyrna knopen in Dutch) was very hip and happening. I remember making a wall hanging of a sun set with the whole family.
So, I'd like to try make something for the cottage as well. Maybe a cushion or a rug (or both), and maybe I can make my own design. I've bought the needle and canvas at Anja's Handwerkatelier and I can't wait to start ;)



It is always nice to see familiair faces, meet new people, either from (web)shops of from FB groups.
So it was great meeting some ladies from the facebook group Actieve Poppenhuisforum at noon. Enjoyed chatting with Ilona, Inge, Joke, Lenie, Sandra, Wilma (hope I haven't forgotten anybody?).

I got linnen photo paper from 
Inge, for making bookcovers <3
For lots and lots and lots of books ;)

Sandra and I decided to go back inside together and that was fun. I had already spend most of my budget so it was mostly looking at all the stands and chatting.

At Jolanda's Miniaturen I found another lovely colour of Venne cotton (a)




After we had another drink, we decided to go. Sandra dropped me off at the railway station near The Hague of which I was very grateful since it the journey back would be 2,5 hour anyway :')

AS always after going to a fair I felt like a very happy, exhausted, but grateful person!




6 comments:

  1. Wat een heerlijke dag heb je gehad!! Ik hoop volgend jaar weer te gaan en wellicht in Juni naar Ridderkerk maar ik moet echt eerst mijn huis ontspullen en verkoopklaar maken. Ik geniet des te meer van de verhalen van anderen ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, was lang geleden, dus echt heel fijn weer :) Dat ontspullen herken ik. Lukt me aardig, op de hobbykamer na (a)

      Delete
  2. super leuk om je te ontmoeten! Veel succes met het maken van boekjes, hopelijk is het helemaal naar je zin. Je bent goed geslaagd, heerlijk hoor als je je lijstje kan afwerken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, ik vond het ook leuk om je in levende lijve te zien ;) Nogmaals heel erg bedankt voor het linnen papier. M'n cartridge is pas gevuld dus deze week week boekjes maken!

      Delete
  3. Zo, jij hebt echt veel gekocht; je kunt vooruit. Ik heb uiteindelijk geen kant en klare lamp gekocht, maar onderdelen om zelf een lamp te maken (is toch leuker....)
    Ben benieuwd naar je handwerkje!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, dat krijg je als je zolang niet geweest bent ^^ Maar toch nog net geslaagd om binnen m'n budget te blijven, ondanks het Heidi Ott popje ;)
      Ik ben benieuwd waar je nog geslaagd bent en met wat. Woensdag meenemen?

      Delete