Saturday, September 22, 2018

Baquettes for a birthday swap

Last week the crafting club met again :) I'll tell you about the (Italian) project in another blog, but since we had another birthday girl, I want to show you the swap I've done.
I knew Jolinda likes brocantes and is working on a French doll house. So for inspiration I spend some time on her blog and thought something for the kitchen would be nice. So I started looking for French bread and found this (Dutch) tutorial for a box to store a baguette.



For the baguettes I found these tutorials on Pinterest that were helpful, by thinkpastel and The Enchanted Gallery. In March I'd bought a mould for bread at Stella Que Passa, so I made two loaves of bread with the leftover Fimo :)


I think the bread and baguettes are a bit too yellow, so next tine I'll add a bit of brown Fimo to the mixture, but for a first try I liked it :)


For making the knife this tutorial from SugarCharmShop was helpful. I used little dots of silver nail polish on the handle, and a tiny strip from a peel off sticker sheet.


This is the finished swap for Jolinda:


Happy I made enough bread to fill a basket for the cottage :)





1 comment:

  1. Dank je wel, Arlette, je swapje heeft een mooi plaatsje gekregen op de tafel in de keuken van mijn Franse huis.

    ReplyDelete