Sunday, January 28, 2018

Crafting together - January

Last week Jolinda and Wil came for our monthly crafting afternoon, which reminded me of the fact that I hadn't even written about our meeting in December :')

Crafting together in December

We've put our garden/roombox project on hold for the moment. We wanted to do something for Christmas last month and decided to make a christmas cake together.
The crafting morning/afternoon was lots of fun, as all ways, and productive as well. We didn't finish decorating a cake because we first made quite a few with the moulds Jolinda brought along. 
Wil had to leave before we were going to figure out how to make the icing but at least she made some cakes and gingerbread man :)

Photo & miniatures by Wil
After a lot of mixing Jolinda and I made a batch of icing for Jolinda's cakes and it looked good .... untill we baked it. For some reason all the icing dripped from the cake.
Somehow I'd forgotten dat the Translucent White Fimo needed to be mixed with a tiny bit of vaseline before and adding Fimo Liquid :') Only later that evening did I figure that out and when I tried it again it worked ^^




Crafting together in January

So this last Monday we wanted to do another Fimo project, because we don't give up and don't give in ;)
We had decided on making tea cups/mugs and/or plates. We struggled a lot. Wil mad a tea cup she was happy with, but Jolinda and I started over and over, and over ... :')
In the end I decided to make some mugs with the moulds I'd made for the Christmas mugs, and Jolinda started making some moulds for tea cups.


After they had last I started looking for better Youtube tutorials for plates and found this one which used a stamp. I remembed I had bought that same stamp some time ago but never used it.
So I've tried it and the first attempt wasn't that bad :) Not sure about the colour, and they need polishing and other finish, but I see potential here ^^



You can see Jolinda's second attempt on her own blog.




1 comment:

  1. en toch vond ik het een gezellige middag hoor! We blijven het gewoon proberen....

    ReplyDelete