After making (egg carton) bricks last week, yesterday it was time to start glueing them, at the monthly crafting afternoon.
I soon discovered that I'd made enough bricks to built a small village, but better safe than sorry and try to mix the exact shade of paint again :)
Before we started with the bricks we each needed to decide if and where we'd want a door and window, and what size they would be.
Jolinda, who has a larger roombox wants to make some outdoor steps and place the door a bit higher. Wil has a teabox similar to mine, and followed my decisions. Since the teabox is only 7 cm deep we'll try to put the door slantwise between back and side wall to have more room left. A bit like in this gorgeous roombox "Olie's Tweet Shop" by Becky Seward.
Due to lots of chatting, making coffee and maybe working a bit (too) precisely, I'll only had 4 or 5 rows by the time Jolinda and Wil left (a) While they're wall started to look like brick-layers had been working for hours ;)
Fortunately I didn't need to pack everything, so I continued in the evening untill my bricks hit the edge of the window (too). I already love how it looks.
Next month we'll be making doors together. Can't wait :)