Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Craft of the Month - September

After a long summer break there was a new monthly challenge at (Dutch) FB group Actieve Poppenhuisforum. 

For this month's challenge you had to make something with at least 3 of the following materials:
1. paper
2. some waste material (like a cardboard box or packing material)
3. thread
4. metal push pin

One was optional or could be changed in something else. Paint and glue was free to use.

Since there were four instead of five materials, I wanted to challenge myself and use them all, but the pin gave me a really hard time :)
I also wanted to make something for the cottage instead of just making something that would end up in a corner of my cupboard. After a lot of hard thinking I got the idea to make a miniature painting (my first one ^^). 
Paper for the painting itself, a frame from a pizza box, decorated with embroidery thread and I wanted to cut and bent the top of the pins so they could cover the four corners, but in the end that didn't work as I couldn't cut them :') But first the painting!

I decided on a painting of Hogsmeade
for my Hogsmeade cottage :)

First step

I was a bit unsure about the bright yellow.

After adding the finishing touches.

The frame was made from a pizza box ^^ First layer was a brown oil paint, then after sanding a blue with black watered down acrylic and then I drybrushed with the creme chalk paint I've used for the fire place previously (need to buy more of that!). Because cutting the pins didn't work, I thought I could decorate the frame with it, but it didn't feel right.


I ended up using them on the back to attach a thread (a)


Not sure where the painting will be installed by Bianca and Penny but I'm sure it will look nice in whatever room they choose.










No comments:

Post a Comment