vrijdag 28 april 2017

Update on Hogsmeade house

It's long overdue, but I finally have figured out how to solve the different problems that kept popping up :) Or that's what I hope.
I figured that I could better change plans now, before the walls would be glued together. In the end it will be just a little bump along the road, right?
First there was the problem with the stairs.

 

Having solved that, I discovered that the doors on the attic landing would be very small and a bit too low, though that could probably work since it's a cottage, right? ;)
Also I thought it might be very hard to fit two beds in the room, with that roof above.


 It's exciting to see it in 3D once in a while 
(after 2 days the masking tape will come loose).

Due to all the problems that roof was bringing, I'd got the idea to make the lower part of the attic walls straight for about 10 cm, so there wwould be more room. For the beds, the doors and any other similar problems the bathroom would have. Kind of like the picture below. The floor between the two levels would be the yellow or red line.
I'd had to buy new wood, saw/cut new walls, and of course, made new plan drawings (a)



When I finally found the time and courage to work out this new idea, I came across a next challenge. One a more expierenced builder could have easily managed, but seemed too big for me :')
I'd forgotten the fact that a dolls' house is supposed to get open once in a while, and while I'd figured out how to do that in the first plan, I got stuck everytime I tried to figure it out with this latest idea :(

So, two days ago, I spend hours on the internet searching for other solutions. Got a new idea (a), made new plan drawings, and brainstormed with my friend Kim about it. She is my go to girl for all cottage related issues after all ^^
The idea is something like the picture below though my house will be twice as deep as this one.


The gable end (side) of the house would be;

Blue lines instead of red

So having finally figured out what to do, I woke up yesterday at 4 am, too exited to start to stay in bed :) I drew and measured, cut and glued, and when it was noon I was ready to get the masking tape (again ^^) and put it all together.
Tadaa!




The bedroom will still be small for two single beds but after all the cottage is supposed to represent the one I describe in my story; a tiny house in Hogsmeade they rent just for the summer holidays untill Penny will go to Hogwarts on September 1st, and maybe mother Bianca, as the new professor, as well. So, they'll just have to make do ;)
I'm thinking of keeping the beds on either side of the fireplace though. That way I can put the door in the middle of the wall, right across the fire place and have place on both sides of the wall for cupboards or cabinets. Maybe even trunks by the end of the beds ^^



The stairs are now placed on the other side, and against the back wall. Being able to see the stairs is a plus, but it also gives more room on both levels.





So the next thing will be to check every wall, floor and roof panel for (measuring or cutting) 
errors and mark out where exactly the opening for the doors and windows will come before 
I'll remove the tape :)





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten