Monday, December 3, 2018

Inspirating from ánd for 1:12 scale decorating

November has been more about decorating my 1:1 scale living room than about the 1:12 scale cottage :) Though the first inspired me to do miniature versions and the other way around :)

 
 The living room, which had been done in red (with gold) and white
 (well, after 18 years the walls were more grey-ish ^^), has turned to
 cottage-green with off-white/beige.

I glued some fabric on terracotta flower pots, covered them with
Gesso (primer) ...

... and painted them with the green wall paint. Also covered
a pink flower vase that had been my grandmother's :)

Like the new flower pots with the green of the leaves!

Then I wanted some lace covered flower pots
for the cottage as well :)

Almost looking brocante, I think ;)

Painted more little pots cottage-
green as well as the mantel piece (a)
  
 I've always wanted to have a little fairy door, so I decided 
to make one ...

... and cover the opening from where the gas heater used to be.
I will decorate it with ivy and flowers some other time :)

 
Then I pimped a light fixture - I'd gotten to install above the dining/craft table - 
with trims from lace curtains and painted it :)

Wanting to do some miniatures again,
I made this tiny nutcracker.

Though the doors and posts still need to be painted the living room feels so much more cosy and warm. Starting to look forwards to the holidays now :)
Time to start making (more) Christmas miniatures!


No comments:

Post a Comment