Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Crafting together & birthday swaps for me :)

Yesterday I met Jolinda, Monique and Wil for the second-last crafting afternoon of this year. It was also the fourth and last time there would be a birthday swap this year, mine actually :)
They really spoiled me with awesome gifts <3 Btw I apologize in advance for the bad photo quality.

Wil made a 1:24 scale double bed for me.
Without any help from a tutorial or
measurement, she had that scale down
to a tee ;)

Jolinda made me - a rather Harry ^^ - a
replica of his wand and the box in which
mr Ollivander had kept it. She did a
really great job, escpecially with the handle.
Looks just like the original wand.

Last but certainly not least; this adorable Dobby
was made by Monique! She also felted a little
teddy bear for me (seen in de first photo), just
like she did for Wil and Jolinda.


After the swaps and the coffee with donuts we got started. Since Monique had bought some kits (Ria Odijk) for making dolls, we had decided to bring out the Fimo and have fun with those.
Monique worked on making a baby doll, Jolinda wanted to try a female doll, and Wil unfortunately had to leave early. I decided on focussing on heads since I was more confident that I could do bodies at home without a mould than heads ^^

The lady on the left was from another mould than the others
as you might've noticed. Her face is less detailed but maybe
that will make her a good choice when I want to make
Bianca, the witch who rents the Hogsmeade cottage :)

After I got home I've worked on the heads a little more. Give
the men eye balls and better necks, glued 'Bianca' together
after her neck broke (a) And made a half face/mask from the
last head, maybe for a paranormal portrait :)

I even gave them ears, though it probably is
better to cover them with hair lol

So, another miniature challenge to add to the list. But first I want to finish the couch, so hopefully I'll have another update soon.

1 comment:

  1. Ik ben nog niet verder gegaan met het popje, alleen een foto gemaakt....
    Het was een gezellige middag, ook al moest Wil eerder weg.

    ReplyDelete