Tuesday, October 30, 2018

A miniature theatre

I'm so excited I can finally show this great new project I got. Yeah, I know, too many projects, so little time (a)
I got this lovely old fashioned theatre as a birthday gift! My friend Wil had seen it in a FB group - where I had admired it - and secretly had contacted the seller.



The theatre previously belonged to Jaschenka (from MythReal) and it had been handmade by her grandfather. She did the decorating and though it wasn't finished completely, and there was a little bit of damage, it still looked amazing :)
It has the same size as the Hogsmeade cottage, approx. 80 cm wide, 42 cm deep and 50 cm high.


I've started with dusting and cleaning everything, including
the drapes/curtains for the side wings and glued the little
angels back on the proscenium arch. I hope I'll get the
(theatre) therminology correct btw). 

I cleaned the red velours front curtains as good as possible,
since the sides are glued to the walls, so I couldn't get them off.
 
The left wing (bottom), with the curtains
hiding the openings to the stage.

The left wing (top) with another staircase.
The roof is open to get better light for the
photo's. It's nicely decorated and I love the
little ballet shoes hanging from the wall lamp.

That staircase leads to the roof, which makes it
possible to expand the building with dressings
rooms e.g. or maybe a roof top garden? ;)

The right wing goes al the way up to the top,
and has a stage door door, a prompt corner
and two lights.

This view form above in the right wing
shows the pulleys of the flying system. 

There are two drapes (painted canvas), suspended
from battens that are controlled by a fly system. 

One of the drapes.

You can see there's also a trap in the stage floor,
a prompter's box (souffleurshokje) and a cute
balcony for a Romeo and Juliette scene :)


Because of my other two big projects, the Hogsmeade cottage and the Italian project, I'll only plan to get the lights working and maybe make/paint a new drape. Maybe something snowy, so I have a little Christmas scene in the theatre in December :)

But, oh, think of all the possibilities; plays, musicals, fairytales and Disney movies. maybe even A Very Potter Musical can be performed one day ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment