Monday, March 12, 2018

The Hogsmeade house is halfway there

Last week I've told you that I was going to put the walls and floors together with the help from my dad.
I should have know we wouldn't be able to finish it in one afternoon though, since half way through we had to stop untill the glue was fully dried. And that would take some days.
We worked for two hours because my dad is even more of a perfectionist, so each wall and each floor was checked with a spirit level, and checked and checked .... :)

So, this is what my dinertable looked like for three days;



After I removed the tape wednesday evening, I noticed the first floor had shifted before the glue had dried. Probably because the wood was a bit warped to begin with (a)  In the middle the level was right, but on both sides the floor was glued to the walls 1 cm too high.

The top and back panels are not glued yet.

I had to remove the glue with a knife and then start over (a)
Also, a window got loose so that's a bit too chilly for Bianca and Penny :)



After I did it over again, I've glued the roof in place.


Tomorrow my dad will come and help me again with rasping and sanding all the rough edges before we can hopefully attach the back wall ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment