dinsdag 9 mei 2017

More about windows


For the glass I used a sheet of gelatine. Very easy, very cheap (10 eurocent/glass ^^) and it looks very nice for this kind of window imo. I just glued it with Tacky glue to the already stained frame.


The outer frames, cut, glued and stained :)


First window is done!


I'm going to add a 2 cm sill on the inside.


On to the next windows. I decided to cut the parts for two windows at the same time. Should've known better though; the third window - on the other wall - was just a few mm smaller, so I had to adjust all my frames.


Didn't save me any time, but it would have if I had checked the handy template I've made for the different frames before just cutting the wood (a)


After taping the parts together to keep them as straight as possible, I glued them without removing the tape :)


And then it's time to sand and stain.


So, after a week, the windows for both sidewalls are finished. There will be two smaller windows in the back, and appox. 5-7 in the front, but that's something I'll do at a later stadium ;)
The window tutorial is from Jenn's Mini Worlds.




Also, I have to purchase Balsa wood again soon, since I'm almost out of the 1,5 mm strips. And I'm sure I'll need it sooner then later because now it's time to start with making doors. Oh my ;)
I buy Balsa at Het Hobbyhuis, who deliver the wood fast and safe.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen